The Exchange Visitor Program, or J-1 visa, is a non-immigrant educational and cultural exchange visa issued by the U.S. Department of State.
Mountbatten provides career training and internship opportunities in the USA for college students, recent graduates, and young professionals, from around the world, who are looking to receive training or undertake an internship in the occupational fields of management, business, commerce, or finance.
Mountbatten is designated to provide visa sponsorship in two J-1 visa categories: Trainee and Intern.
If you have a pre-arranged training or internship position in the USA and need assistance obtaining your J-1 visa, that’s where Mountbatten comes in! As your program sponsor, we provide a turn-key solution to help you on your international journey to undertake a cultural exchange program in the USA and kick-start your global career.
Why Mountbatten Trainee or Intern Sponsored Program
By participating in a Mountbatten Trainee or Intern sponsored program, you can expect both tangible and intangible benefits.
- Experienced: Designated by the U.S. Department of State, Mountbatten has over 35 years of experience administering Intern and Trainee programs in the USA.
- Up to 15 months in the USA: Spend up to 12 months as an Intern or 13 months as a Trainee, plus 1 month before and after for travel.
- Visa Support and Assistance: We work with your identified host organization to complete the necessary paperwork and guide you through the process of applying for your J-1 visa at the U.S. Embassy.
- J-2 visa sponsorship for your dependents: Your family members may be eligible to accompany you to the USA. Mountbatten can process J-2 sponsorship for your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21.
- Pre-Departure Information & Orientation: From life and customs in the USA to opening a bank account, Mountbatten provides you with the essential resources to ensure you have a supportive and successful educational and cultural exchange experience.
- Accident & Sickness Medical Insurance for the duration of your program.
- Gain real-world skills and hands-on experience in American business practice.
- Expand your professional network, build lifelong friendships, and gain valuable insights into the American culture.