Visa Information

Visa Information

About the J-1 visa

Mountbatten is designated as a program sponsor by the U.S. Department of State.

As a designated J-1 sponsor, Mountbatten aims to promote mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through educational and cultural exchanges. We are authorised to issue you all the documentation you need in order to apply for your J-1 visa, including your DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility) and DS-7002 (Training Plan).

In order to apply for the visa you will need to attend a US Embassy in either your home country or a country to which you can demonstrate strong ties (for example if you have family residing there). Comprehensive instructions and assistance will be provided once you have been offered a placement with a Host Organization.

Under the terms of the visa, you will be permitted to train at your designated Host Organization for the duration of the programme. You will also be permitted to remain in the US for up to 30 days following the completion of your programme during which time you may travel but not work.

Useful websites: