The Mountbatten programme is designed for recent university graduates with only a few years of professional experience. For details on specific areas of eligibility, please see the sections below. Please contact your admissions office with any questions.
Education And Experience
A bachelor's degree or higher is required. The Admissions Team takes a holistic approach to each application, reviewing all aspects of a candidate’s experience, education, references and personal attainments. Most applicants, however, should have a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 or above (for those graduating from an American institute of higher education). A business education is strongly preferred. However, we welcome graduates from a variety of academic disciplines. Applications from graduating seniors are accepted provided the applicant is scheduled to graduate before the programme’s start date.
Official university transcripts are required as part of the application process. A certified-English translation must be submitted with the transcript if is not issued in English by the university.
The experience level of Mountbatten participants varies from several months to several years. However, applicants should have a minimum of 3-6 months of office based work experience. This experience can include full-time or part-time work, internships and on-campus employment and may be paid or unpaid.
Though the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is not currently a requirement for admission to the St Mary's University, Twickenham MBA programme, the Admissions Team looks favorably on candidates who can offer a full range of data, and encourages the inclusion of a GMAT score as part of the application.
The Mountbatten Institute provides no English language training. Highly proficient verbal and written English language skills are required for both the classroom and the workplace. The ability to communicate clearly using professional English plays a significant role when interviewing for placement in London. For candidates whose first language is not English, any of the following certificates or scores may be provided to serve as a guideline for proficiency to begin the application process:
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 overall with not less than 5.5 in any section
- TOEFL minimum 575 on paper-based and 90 on internet-based
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Certificate Proficiency (CPE)
- Test of English for Educational Purposes (TEEP)
- GCSE English grade C or above
- Pearson Test score of 58 for English Academic or Level 5 General
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
A final assessment of English language ability is made during the required interview with Mountbatten staff.
The London programme is open to all non-EU (European Union) citizens.
- United States applicants with "Permanent Resident" (Green Card) status or holders of dual nationality where one country is a European Union country outside of the UK are advised to contact their local admissions office before applying.
- Holders of dual nationality where one country is the UK are not eligible to participate.
- Canadians may apply to the MBA only.
- Applicants from Australia and New Zealand are eligible for the New York programme only.
ALL applicants, without exception, must be interviewed in person. Interviews for American based applicants are held in New York, Chicago and at least one major city in California. Asian based applicants are interviewed in Bangkok, Mumbai, Bangalore or New Delhi, depending upon the number of qualified applicants.
Applicants must arrange and finance their own travel and accommodation for attending interviews.
In limited circumstances, applicants based outside of the United States or main interview locations in Asia, may be given the opportunity to interview via video conference.
Marital Status - Other Relationships
Mountbatten stresses personal and independent development. Partners, siblings and best friends should not apply as a unit or with a view to living in the same building, or attending classes together. The Mountbatten Institute cannot provide living accommodation or bursaries for spouses or dependent children nor are they eligible for visas.